Circulator Study - Downtown St. Petersburg
PSTA is conducting an analysis of transit circulation within downtown St. Petersburg. The analysis will look at the following to help PSTA identify options for a modified or new network of circulator services in downtown St. Petersburg. NOTE: PSTA is NOT recommending elimination of the Route 32:
- Existing circulator bus services including the Route 32.
- The grid network of regular PSTA routes, including the Central Avenue Trolley (CAT).
- Where residents, workers, and visitors want to go in downtown St. Petersburg. Connectivity to other transportation services including the planned bus rapid transit line between downtown and the beaches, planned ferry service, and BikeShare stations.
A preferred alternative has been selected after extensive technical analysis and stakeholder involvement.
- City and PSTA agreement on general routing and funding
- Assessment of en-route charging station location and permitting
Late Summer/Early Fall 2017
- Finalize route details with stakeholders
- Begin charging station construction
- Take delivery of electric vehicles
- Vehicle testing and branding
- Begin Service Improvements